Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blue Ribbon Muffins aka Walnut Pie Muffins

2 weeks ago my 11 yearold, Paige, entered a 4-H contest for muffins.  She searched the internet for ideas after looking thru my many cookbooks.  She finally found one that she wanted to try, Pecan Pie Muffins by Paula Deen.  Well, unfortunately for Paige we didn't have pecans, had all other ingredients, then I remembered some walnuts we had.  She decided to substitute them for the trial versions, I promised to go buy pecans before the big day.

The first batch she made I sat in the livingroom and she did it all in the kitchen, I only helped with pulling them from the oven (she was willing to do it, I know how bad it hurts to be burned tho).  Can we say pure HEAVEN?????  Loved them so very much!!!

I had to keep the recipe a secret before the big day.  Low and behold she won a BLUE RIBBON!!!  I was so very proud of her!  Still am as I sit here typing this.


I promised many people the recipe, and subsequently forgot to send it.  So I thought I would put in the blog to send to everyone and for future reference.

Just remember we used walnuts, feel free to substitue pecans.  When I slow up on dieting, I plan on doing a Derby Pie twist on them and I'll let you know how that turns out.....but it'll be awhile before that happens.

WALNUT PIE MUFFINS

1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup plain flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cups melted real butter

Heat over to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients well.
Put in a muffin tin (we sprayed with bakers spray).
Bake 15 minutes. 
Serves 10-12

Let us know if you try them and how they turned out!  I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment