Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meal Planning Weekending January 29, 2010

Last week's plan was only half way followed.  But I at least had a plan.
 
This weeks plan is as follows (I'm not gonna assign a day, that was just too strict).
 
Today has been fend for yourself.  We are definitely having Chicken Livers, Mashed Potatoes, Pinto Beans, Cornbread, (maybe some Mac and Cheese too).
 
Lunch
Spaghetti Bake
Tunafish Sandwiches
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Chili Dogs
Hamburger Helper
White Beans and Cornbread
 
Dinner
Italian Chicken
Meatloaf
Taco Soup
Red Beans and Rice
Manwich
Breakfast
 
Very plain, but this is the last week (for me at least) of the pantry challenge.  I don't want to use things I just put in my freezer.  I need to keep certain items stockpiled.  One thing I have learned in all this was there are certain things that get passed over a lot!  Meatloaf is one of them.  I've tried to have this meatloaf for 3 weeks now.  I don't care for meatloaf, everyone else does.  But we've learned how to do a BBQ meatloaf and this one is just a plain meatloaf, so nobody wants it :(.  I go to school tomorrow night.  I'm going to thaw it and some mashed potatoes and let Paige warm it all up while I'm at school (with her daddy's supervision, of course).
 
This pantry challenge has also allowed me to reduce the amounts I have on hand to better organize, clean, and list all I have on hand!  This will make me much more efficient in the coming months when I'm shopping and cooking!
 
Anybody else doing the pantry challenge?  If so, how are you doing?  I would love to hear from you!!!  Leave some feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment